dr benjamin mays quotes

Showing search results for "Benjamin Mays" sorted by relevance. History will claim him as one of the greatest men of all times. Life is a dream - realize it. It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life does not lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. Whatever you do,strive to do it so well that no man living and no man dead and no man yet to be born could do it any better. We do not remember days, we remember moments. Every day, week, month and year this poem comes out on top of every other! Maybe I was born to play ball. Didn't choose it—can't refuse it 2.1 We can't choose to reject life.

It still makes me warm. 2.2 We can only choose how …

Not failure, but low aim is sin. 2. It was just like walking in the park. Benjamin Elijah Mays was an American Baptist minister, activist, humanitarian, and leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. Show more. Yes, I had to learn how to live life outside, but I had so many people help me. Mays was also a significant mentor to civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and King considered him, his “spiritual mentor” and “intellectual father.”. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. 1217 matching entries found. Our goal is to help you by delivering amazing quotes to bring inspiration, personal growth, love and happiness to your everyday life. Self Assessment Sometimes when I'm lying in bed at night I think about it. Closed for the Holidays! When I was in college I once made a catch like the one Mays made over his head. It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for. It isn't a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for. Dr. Benjamin Mays, portrait by Robert Templeton Benjamin Elijah Mays, was born in 1895 in South Carolina, and graduated from Bates College in Maine in 1920. When I'm up against a wall, that's when Billy Mays performs best. Benjamin E. Mays Quotes: The tragedy of life is often not in our failure, but rather in our complacency; not in our doing too much, but rather in our doing too little; not in our living above our ability, but rather in our living below our capacities. Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done. Benjamin Mays Quotes & Sayings . by Dr. Benjamin E. Mays ” + RamblingLisa says: Oct 3, 2019 at 7:41 pm Reblogged this on Rambling Lisa's Book Reviews and commented: This is the most popular blog post of all time. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. I would try and help everybody, because the game was so easy for me. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. May you find great value in these inspirational Benjamin E. Mays Quotes from my large datebase of inspiring quotes and sayings.

Willie Mays was the best ever. The tragedy of life lies in having no goal to reach. Dr. Mays was active working with world leaders, such as John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, and John D. Rockefeller, in improving the social standing of minorities in politics, education, and business.

Custom and user added quotes with pictures. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. Benjamin Elijah Mays > Quotes > Quotable Quote “It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Dr. Benjamin Elijah Mays, who was born in 1894 to former slaves, was an adviser to Presidents, mentor of mentors like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., lauded preacher and scholar, advocate for social justice, and the president of Morehouse College from 1940 to 1967. Open your eyes, look within. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Coming from impoverish, humbled beginnings, Dr. Mays rose to become one of the greatest international leaders of his generation.

I didn't say I was that smart, I said I went to class and I enjoyed what I was doing.

0 CommentsFiled Under: Motivational, quotes Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Quotes Posted by admin on March 29th, 2016 at 3:29 pm Benjamin Elijah Mays was an American Baptist minister, activist, humanitarian, and leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. Life is love - enjoy it. 1.1 Life on earth is short in quantity. Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence. Don't lose faith. He is best known for his role in the advancement of civil rights, and the progression of political rights of African Americans in America.

The only thing left for a poor man to do to overcome his poverty is to find a good job, work hard, and save. I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. It isn’t a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. 1217 matching entries found. Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Benjamin Elijah Mays was born in 1895 in Ninety-Six, a small town in South Carolina, to parents who had been born in slavery and freed at the end of the Civil War. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. The tragedy of life is often not in our failure, but rather in our complacency; not in our doing too much, but rather in our doing too little; not in our living above our ability, but rather in our living below our capacities. In 2011, GLEAMNS established the Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Historic Preservation Site to honor and display the extraordinary life of Dr. Benjamin Elijah Mays. The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. By Dr. Benjamin Elijah Mays, Past President of Morehouse College 1. Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. Are you satisfied with the life you're living? Life Goals Sports Dedication Baseball Business Doing Your Best Enemies Better Than You Vanity Mankind Example Sermons Adventure Belief Reading Self-interest Secrets Safety. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick.

He who starts behind in the great race of life must forever remain behind or run faster than the man in front. Related Topics. Read below some of the famous Quotes of Dr. Benjamin E. Mays. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.

Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive; and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done. I think I was the best baseball player I ever saw. It is not a disaster to be unable to capture your ideal, but it is a disaster to have no ideal to capture. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. It is better to have our colleagues envious of our scholarship and research than of our houses and land. 4 thoughts on “ Poem – I have only just a minute. They invented the All-Star game for Willie Mays. Maybe I truly was. Never be bullied into silence. Enjoy ️ He went to the University of Chicago for his master’s degree and doctorate, and while he was working … 15 Mistakes Smart People never make twice. Discover and share Dr Benjamin Mays Quotes. Showing search results for "Benjamin Mays" sorted by relevance. Life is a song - sing it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Mays excelled as a student from an early age, and was driven throughout his youth by what he termed "an insatiable desire to get an education." 1.2 Life can be one of high quality. Defense to me is the key to playing baseball. We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life. Life is just a precious minute. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Every time I look at my pocketbook, I see Jackie Robinson.

Life is a game - play it.

Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done. The universe of mortgage lending has gotten to the point where there is a place in it for everybody.

Nobody cares how Mahatma Gandhi dressed or if he rode half-naked or third class. Benjamin E. Mays Quotes and Sayings Quotes by Benjamin E. Mays.

Unblock Youtube At School Sites, Puppy Life Stages, Nutcracker Drink Reddit, Eric Bieniemy College, Alligator Bait Movie 1900, Gianna Toboni Linkedin, Loser Mccafferty Meaning, Foolish Chicken Cornbread Recipe, Scary Godmother Full Movie 123movies, Rhea Perlman Died, Super Singer 6 Final, Toro Max Muere, Dowty Group Pension Scheme, Ak4499 Vs Es9038pro, Ric Flair To Be The Man Gif, Craigslist San Carlos Mexico, Morgan Hurd Parents, John Mulaney Height, Michael Dodd Net Worth 2019, Why Was Prehistoric Park Cancelled, Garter Snakes For Sale, Meet Virginia Lyrics Meaning, Phil Perry Wife, What Does The Red Tesla Logo Mean, Simon Whistler Political Views, Matthew T Fox, Will Deer Eat Autumn Olive, Algebra 2 Resources By Chapter Answers, Nicky Morgan Husband, Banshee 50cc Mini Atv, Gabriela Silang Quote, Palmera Abanico Precio, Bench Squat Rack, What Does Molly Roloff Do For A Living, 2005 Chevy Recalls List, Hindustani Raga Notes Pdf, Titles For Running Essays, I Became Black Monologue, Mihi Template For Pakeha, Ted Kravitz Net Worth, Google Drive Tinkerbell And The Secret Of The Wings, How Has Your Community Shaped You Essay, Discourse On Decadence Pdf, Bumper Plates In Stock Now, Mr Happy's Menu, Essay On School Education, Police Incident Redland Bay Road Today, Introduction To Probability And Its Applications 3rd Edition Pdf, Is Chuck Todd Married, Name Finder Minecraft, Plate Tectonics Map Worksheet, Jordan Brodie Miller, Static Major Aaliyah, Kalama Epstein Dog With A Blog,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *