i stan you meaning

In early 2016 Carly Rae Jepsen was inundated with stans responding to every Instagram and Tweet with a formulaic "queen of X".

Nowadays it’s used if you’re a really big fan of someone. Similarly the phrase "skinny legend" gets thrown around, which an Urban Dictionary definition describes as a celebrity, animal or even inanimate object "glamorous and talented, no matter their weight". ), RELATED: What Does SMH Mean?

But it does look past the real inner workings of how stans engage with celebrities. Can't get enough. In fact, one definition on Urban Dictionary compares stans to stalkers, even citing that the word stan is “formed from the [combination of]... stalker and fan: stalker + fan = stan.”). - 'Rolling Stone': Eminem Reborn: The Second Coming of Marshall Mathers. 4. (I mean, Stan is a boy’s name, right?

You see, according to Urban Dictionary, “a ‘stan’ is an overzealous [and/or] maniacal fan for a celebrity, [singer, performer] or athlete.” Or, to put it another way, a stan is “an over obsessed fan” who doesn’t just enjoy the music, acting, or performances of their favorite celebrity — they fixate on it. It's a little scary because Stan is insane. Diehard stans know that “Sweetest Devotion” is a song about being a mom. There are Food Network stans, sports stans, Pennywise the clown from 'IT' stans, YouTubers have stans, K-Pop stans, there are tons of stans for the young cast of Netflix's 'Stranger Things'. A Simple Guide To The Slang Internet Term Everyone's Using, - Our best articles delivered straight to your inbox, What Does 'Big Mood' Mean? Why? I really stan these eggs. It’s most popular with people who are into K-pop. A Simple Guide To The Slang Internet Term Everyone's Using, What Being 'Extra' Means — Plus 17 Hilarious Memes As Examples Of How To Use This Slang Term, What Does SMH Mean? What a bunch of stans. Of course, the song was fictional. To be a stan is to be a stalker-fan. In 2016 Fifth Harmony's Normani Kordei quit Twitter briefly due to ongoing harassment and abuse... from Fifth Harmony stans.

With the rise of Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr and Facebook, fans are able to communicate directly with celebrities. hater. Friendships are made, bonding over a shared love of an artist, their work, their achievements. Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite. So, which meaning is accurate? It's a whole different world, a whole different language. To be a stan is to be a stalker-fan. In 2000, Eminem released a song entitled “Stan” about a super fan who ended up killing himself and his pregnant girlfriend because Eminem did not acknowledge him. That said, whether you're a stan or a fan doesn’t matter. Make it your new year's resolution!

Love Just Come Chinese Drama, Hans Torv Wife, Cringing With Death To Mumble Rap Reddit, In Darkness Let Me Dwell John Dowland Analysis, Rena Polley Age, Netgear Ex7500 Not Working, Odp Falkland Islands, My Tlc Best Buy, Horóscopo De Mañana, Kent Damon Net Worth, Another Word For Restaurant Quality, Ryder R World, Jamie Karen Deklin, Joseph V Knipfing King Of Queens, How Long Can A Bee Live In A Car, Colloidal Silver Dosage Calculator, Turtle Sanctuary Near Me, Aruba Vpn Setup, How To Get Rid Of Ticks Naturally With Salt, Devon Ericson Bio, Akzidenz Grotesk Font Adobe, Billie Faiers' Husband, Fender Neck Codes, Mounting Projector To Ceiling Without Studs, Ford Window Sticker Lookup By Vin, Write A Balanced Equation For The Neutralization Of Stomach Acid By Nahco3, Alastair Clarkson Net Worth, Essay On School Education,

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *